- Privacy Police for Probe around the Globe
- What is “personal information?”
- What personal information do we collect?
- Navigational Information.
- Who can see your personal information?
- How do we use the information we collect?
- Analytics and Advertising.
- Do we use personal information for advertising purposes?
- Under what circumstances do we disclose or transfer personal information to others?
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- Does the Site link to third party sites?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How can we access and make changes to your personal information?
- Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Probe around the Globe by leaving a comment, subscribing to our newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access Probe around the Globe. For example, when you use Probe around the Globe, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using Probe around the Globe, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by Probe around the Globe. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on Probe around the Globe.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain Probe around the Globe;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on Probe around the Globe;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Privacy Police for Probe around the Globe
Children: The Site is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. It is directed to persons over the age of eighteen (18) and capable of entering into binding contracts. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may use the Site with permission from a parent or guardian. Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
What is “personal information?”
What personal information do we collect?
Personal Information We May Collect: Personal information that we collect includes information that you provide voluntarily to us. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name and email address, and title. Further, any information provided when signing up for the Company newsletter, free downloads section, commenting, or when using our contact request form may constitute personal information.
When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information, or in addition to personal information that you do provide). This information may include your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, location-based information, browser type, time and date of access and pages accessed, linking information, click stream, page visits, page views, and website log files. Navigational information may include location-based information, which we use to verify your location and provide you information that is geographically useful to you. You may have the ability to disable your device’s GPS or other location-based information transmitter. If you choose to disable your device’s ability to transmit geolocation information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the Site’s offerings. As discussed below, navigational information is also captured through third-party analytics and ad services.
Who can see your personal information?
Personal information you provide may be shared with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We generally use personal information collected on the Site for the following purposes: to advise you of opportunities available on our site or elsewhere; to respond to requests for services; to provide information about your account and the proper use or misuse of the Site; to process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues; to improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services.
Analytics and Advertising.
Do we use personal information for advertising purposes?
Under what circumstances do we disclose or transfer personal information to others?
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may transfer personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates for purposes related to its service offerings, as such offerings may change and develop over time.
- Site Consultants and Service Providers: We may transfer, or your visit to the Site will result in such transfer of, personal information to third-party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of the Company or otherwise acting on its behalf as a datacenter (such as providers of hosting, cloud technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, we may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in the databases, to service the Company and the Site.
- Legal Compulsion and Company Protection: We reserve the right to release personal information in response to a subpoena, or otherwise, when we believe that the law requires us to do so or when we believe it is necessary to resolve disputes or to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of the Company, its users or others.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee that all of our third-party service providers’ servers are impenetrable, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable safeguards to secure the information we collect online. Where we use third-party service providers to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use third-party service providers who also establish and implement reasonable procedures. In the event that our third-party service providers’ security system is breached, we will attempt to notify you in accordance with applicable law.
We may present the opportunity to link to third party sites. When using third party sites, you should review such party’s sites to understand how they treat personal information.
While the Site may link to third party sites that track your actions on the Site, no personal information is provided by the Site to these third party sites.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we deem it useful in our business and for as long as the applicable law allows us to maintain it. It is our goal to establish a relationship with our customers so that they always regard us as a resource for the services we offer. Our customers always have the right to request that their information be deleted from our files. We will attempt to honor these requests, subject to applicable law and our judgment, that the information is not important for us to maintain for our internal record-keeping purposes for reasons other than continuing a commercial business relationship with you (e.g., for tax, accounting and other transactional purposes).
How can we access and make changes to your personal information?
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.